Just having a meander around blogger - I think the timezone is OK now. I posted the following as comments but then thought they might buried unless they get the status of a new posting (?):
Ann, David and Michael:
Thank you all for your encouraging responses!
Ann, I thought your comments about the uses of images in teaching was really interesting and motivating re another way that blogs etc could be useful to an ESL teacher.
The penny also dropped on Friday re what the wiki might offer - both in seeing Ann's setup for her class and also Michael's use of a wiki (right?) to present this course.
Ann - You said your students weren't good users of your site, so I'd like to know more about that some time.
Michael, thanks for your help re Freemind. I think I'll put that on the backburner for a bit, so I can keep up with the 23 things (gulp!) activities.
I remember when we used to to do PD about using email, so wonder if all this will one day be second nature in the same way.
Thanks again,
Eileen
PS: Can I follow the blogs of others in our session, even if they are using edublog or something else?
Recording in Google hangout
-
Have been investigating how to record a Google Hangout session. One way is
to use the youTube channel for storage.
* How to record your own google hangout ...
13 years ago
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteI am looking at this learn@lunch as a way to be able to provide students with a wider learning experience. I am not sure what it is that I want to happen, but just being able to see what others are doing and how it might be useful to my classes, is at least helping.
That it is such a complex struggle to get all the right pieces in places at first, is a bit daunting. Hopefully the rest of the time can be expanding out to really practical stuff.
Regards