Today we are continuing with blogging, using blogspot.com.
I'm also interested in edublog because I'd like to be able to upload documents for my class to access.
I may need help to download freemind - my one quick go didn't work out. I also tried Mindmeister which is good because it is web based, but obviously requires practice to use.
I'm also interested in edublog because I'd like to be able to upload documents for my class to access.
I may need help to download freemind - my one quick go didn't work out. I also tried Mindmeister which is good because it is web based, but obviously requires practice to use.
Here is my first effort at uploading a photo:
This is a photo of my partner Pete in Istanbul. We enjoyed exercising alongside the Sea of Marmara, along with lots of other people.
How cool,
ReplyDeleteafter so much messing about, to actually get a photo up on the site.
I think I slowly getting a handle on the interface. I just I need to readjust my learning profile.
Still lots to learn.
Hi
ReplyDeleteGreat to see that you have a picture in. What a wonderful place to exercise. See you on Friday.
Great picture of Pete in Istanbul.. travel is such a wonderful way to enjoy life. How long were you over there?
ReplyDeleteWell done Eileen.. not only have you successfully started your own blog, you've managed to get a picture on the page too.
With Freemind, did you manage to save the "install files" okay? Did you have "administrator rights" on the computer you're using?
kind regards, michael
Ann, David and Michael:
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your encouraging responses!
Ann, I thought your comments about the uses of images in teaching was really interesting and motivating re another way that blogs etc could be useful to an ESL teacher.
The penny also dropped on Friday re what the wiki might offer - both in seeing Ann's setup for her class and also Michael's use of a wiki (right?) to present this course.
Ann - You said your students weren't good users of your site, so I'd like to know more about that some time.
Michael, thanks for your help re Freemind. I think I'll put that on the backburner for a bit, so I can keep up with the 23 things (gulp!) activities.
Thanks again,
Eileen
PS:
ReplyDeleteCan I follow the blogs of others in our session, even if they are using edublog or something else?